Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Whats it like living in an insane asylum, is it free, how are you treated, they forced you to leave, recreatio?

I was baker acted and was also in another hospital as well. The Baker Act lasted 2 weeks and the other places was 6 weeks. The one I was committed to was pretty bad, because what you don't know is that you, suicide attempters, anyone not dangerous, other inmates wanting to plead insane, and drug rehabs will be sharing your space. They will also be sharing your space freely, what I mean is, you all walk around all day bored with nothing to do. I got into 2 fights in that place and was there 2 weeks. My stay there was free. The 6 week place was paid for by insurance and I was placed around strictly already proven people with mental problems and there was no interaction with dangerous individuals except when you went out to the recreation yard. That's when you run into court ordered rehabs and self committed rehabs and self committed mental health disabled. neither place had computers to use, neither place had private rooms (I had my room to myself at the 6 week place, but that was just because there was room available to give us our own room). Also, they have nicotine gum, you have your cigarettes you go in with, but once you run out that's it. Anymore questions, email me at leaulyphe@gmail. com and I'll answer anymore questions you come up with.

0 comments:

Post a Comment